Zambezi Marketing Group
Who are the Zambia Marketing Group?
The Zambia Marketing Group is a public and private sector initiative, created by Kamageo to help drive tourism to Zambia from the UK. The initiative is funded by a consortium of 25 ZMG members (including ZTA) who have come together for one purpose – to make Zambia Africa’s number one safari destination. Kamageo works across multiple disciplines, from press trips and social media to consumer advertising and trade representation.
What has the Zambia Marketing Group done for Zambia tourism?
Since the launch of the ZMG in May 2016, we have generated over £5 million worth of media coverage for Zambia, including gaining national TV exposure on ITV’s Good Morning Britain. We have exhibited at two of the UK’s largest travel shows (Destinations and the Wildlife & Safari Travel Show), as well as being the lead sponsor of Bradt’s Big Cat Festival. We have also organised a number of press trips to Zambia (hosted by ZMG members) and commissioned a 3D painting of Victoria Falls which continues to wow thousands of people each year.
For more information about our results, please see our Annual Report for 2018-2019
Why should you join the Zambia Marketing Group?
Joining the ZMG gives you the unique opportunity to invest in Zambia’s tourism, with a few perks thrown in. As an individual member you’ll benefit from a wide range of services including:
- 5 dedicated posts on social media on each channel (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook) as well as the opportunity for takeovers.
- Inclusion in the Zambia destination guide which is distributed at the Wildlife & Safari Travel Show, Adventure Travel Show, The Times Destination Show and at Bradt’s Big Cat Festival
- Inclusion in the special edition Zambia Bradt Travel Guide
- Dedicated features in every issue of Safari Magazine – sent to over 300 UK tour operators
- A dedicated page on our new website (www.zambiatourism.co.uk) to be launched by September 2019, replacing the existing
- You also receive a £500 discount for participating in the Safari Roadshow, plus priority booking. Non-members would only be able to join the Safari Roadshow if we were unable to fill the 10 spaces with ZMG members
- Inclusion in at least 4 trade emailers, distributed to over 350 tour operators
- Inclusion in at least 2 consumer emailers, distributed to over 5,000 UK consumers
- The opportunity to host (at least one) UK journalist, organised by us
- A dedicated Account Manager for personalised support (Rich Whiston)
Please find our Marketing Plan which details our key objectives and activities for the year ahead.
How do I become a ZMG member?
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a call to discuss, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to the ZMG and delivering on our strategy for 2019-2020.